mumsnet

Monday, June 17, 2013

Why the bog blog!


I am not suggesting my whole life revolves around the loo, but as a wheelchair user before I go and visit any where I need to know that there is an accessible loo and of course what is accessible to me may not be accessible to others and vice versa.

Maybe I am a bit obsessive but I need to know that the ‘accessible toilet' is not used as a store cupboard! Is it a right hand or left hand transfer? What sort of handrails are there? Are there paper towels or hand dryers? All of these have an impact on the experience!!

So my idea of an ‘accessible bog blog’ was born whilst in the car travelling to my parent’s house with my husband and daughter!

It’s going to be slow to start off with, but I really want to build up a list of accessible loos and even with pictures, maybe in time I can start a Facebook page and others can recommend facilities and post pictures.


I am new to this blogging business but I really hope this scatty ides works!

1 comment :

  1. If David Bowie can write a song about a loo - Blue, Blue, Electric Blue, this is the colour of my loo, where I will live.............Sound and Vision 1977 Album Low.
    Not totally accurate, replace loo with room, but he meant loo!!!!
    You go girl............

    ReplyDelete